Mayo Clinic is top-ranked in more specialties than any other care provider according to U.S. News & World Report. As we work together to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans – to take care of you and your family, now and in the future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo Clinic. You’ll thrive in an environment that supports innovation, is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed.
- The primary goal of this position is to assist in the evaluation, analysis and development of new business opportunities for Mayo Clinic, including but not limited to partnerships, joint ventures, new company spin-offs, mergers and acquisitions.
- In addition, the position may help evaluate the commercial potential of a variety of inventions/discoveries, and then identify, develop and help source new technology commercialization opportunities, in conjunction with technology licensing managers, patent liaisons and attorneys, treasury services, and other ventures-focused staff.
- Additional skills and responsibilities for incumbents with BBA, BHA, MBA, MHA or other related business or financial education or experience include contributing to, and furthering individual learning and expertise in: business plan creation, due diligence, market research, marketing plan development, concept analysis, business model development, financial pro-forma development and analysis, and monitoring product/operating unit performance.
- Additional skills and responsibilities for incumbents with JD (juris doctor) education or experience include contributing to, and furthering individual learning and expertise in: corporate transactional analysis and assessment, corporate/entity structure development, assistance with mergers, acquisitions, third-party entity creation and related relationship formulation, negotiation and contract terms development, and legal/regulatory issues assessment.
- Successful candidate will learn and work in alignment with the Mayo Clinic strategic plan, prioritized market opportunities, and competitive activity.
- As part of departmental teams and/or at leadership direction, the position works with areas throughout Mayo Clinic and the marketplace to identify new business opportunities, including the ability to connect these activities with existing Mayo Clinic operational units.
- To this end, successful candidate will contribute to the development of a network of industry, entrepreneurial and investor contacts.
- Masters(Master Degree in any Discipline) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- The successful candidate must possess an MBA or other post-graduate master’s or law degree in a related field, (e.g., MHA, Master of Finance/Economics or related field, JD/law degree with emphasis on transactions, etc.),
Minimum 3 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- A minimum 1 years’ relevant work experience; or a bachelor’s degree in a related field, (e.g., Business Administration, Health Administration, Finance/Economics, etc.),
- A minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Work experience must be in business development, finance, and/or strategy, transactional law, or start-up creation, in the healthcare, medical/biotechnology, or financial/venture capital or related industries.
- Previous consulting experience with a national or regional consulting firm preferred.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to perform successfully in a business development role, and to successfully partake in required complex inter- and intra-organizational issues and relationships.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of different people with diverse backgrounds.
- Requires strong project management skills, time management skills and the ability to manage several initiatives simultaneously. Entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial qualities; must possess strong analytical skills, be resourceful, and able to work independently on assigned projects; mergers and acquisition experience; financial modeling and analytical valuation experience; Chartered Financial Analyst preferred (complete or in progress).
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Business Development
- Experience should include the following skills: Hospital/Diagnostic Center
Application Deadline: 5 Mar 2024