We are a small accounting team, and we pride ourselves in getting timely and accurate financials statements to management without having to work late hours and never on the weekends. This is a leadership position and will be responsible for the operational accounting, budgeting, and special projects for two business units located in Houston and New Orleans. The successful candidate will be the right hand of the Regional Controller and the finance lead for Hotard General Managers and other members of the business unit leadership team. The position requires 10-15% travel to operating locations in Port Arthur.
- Overall responsibility for, and leadership of all aspects Hotard’s Accounting and Finance including timely reporting, GAAP compliance, balance sheet and asset protection, continuous improvement, planning, special projects and ensuring efficient organizational structure.
- Evaluate, design, implement, and maintain strong internal controls in a changing environment. Develop and refine efficient policies and procedures consistent with the Company’s desired internal control structure.
- Develop a high-performing team, recruit where necessary and dismiss any underperformers. Ensure that your direct reports have the necessary training and resources to do their jobs and ensure their goals are clearly articulated and measured. Make yourself available and develop their talent.
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with managers of all departments and location
- Performs additional duties and assignments as directed by the Regional Controller regarding positional operating procedures.
- Responsible for daily reconciling between Coach Manager, online bank statements, credit card batch files to Microsoft Great Plains.
- Responsible for monitoring past due accounts and working with customer and/ or sales representative to collect.
- Responsible for monitoring payments received prior to departure according to company policy and notifying sales and/ or sales director for possible cancellation.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
Minimum 7 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience with demonstrated results.
- Working experience with Great Plains general ledger and accounts payable ledger, preferred.
- Self-starter with exceptional work ethic
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; team player who leads by example
- Influencer – one who can act as a diplomatic change agent; strong backbone
- Outstanding analytical and technical skills (including financial modeling)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task, with time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to interpret financial information and provide guidance to the BU Leadership team
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Accounts
- Experience should include the following skills: Logistics/Transportation
Application Deadline: 3 Mar 2024
New Orleans, LA, New Orleans, LA, United States
Taxi & Car Services
Company Website: http://www.hotard.com/