The incumbent serves as a Teaching Assistant in the Education Department in a juvenile correctional facility. The incumbent supervises students in the classroom in the absence of the classroom teacher with the following responsibilities: Attendance Taking, Behavior Monitoring, Assignment Monitoring, and Daily Record Monitoring. Furthermore, the Teaching Assistant provides students with guidance in completing assignments left by the classroom teacher and to support classroom instruction as needed.
- Following policy in critical incidents preventing injury, escape, or property damage.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Incumbent supervises the daily work of students and evaluates the achievement of individual student knowledge.
- Operates all job-related equipment.
- Collaborates with other departments in order to enhance the learning environment of students.
- Providing written reports to/participates in multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Attending and successfully completing all required training and certifications.
- Developing and reviewing clear, accurate, and concise reports that are in compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Promoting good working relationship with students, staff, contractual personnel, interns and volunteers, and applicable community public or private agencies.
- Maintaining a positive image to the public in all related responsibilities.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) completed.
No experience is required.
- Ability to implement daily and weekly teacher lesson plans designed to enforce full course objectives in the absence of an educator.
- Ability to create and provide a positive learning environment conducive to and supportive of individual growth and development of students.
- Ability to maintain and control educational department supplies, equipment, and tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written.
- Ability to work effectively in a teamwork environment.
- Ability to accept supervision and constructive feedback.
- Ability to test negative on all drug tests.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training and certifications.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Personal Secretary
- Experience should include the following skills: Consultancy Firm
Application Deadline: 3 Mar 2024