Performs entry?level accounting duties such as processing payments; posting and balancing entries; and compiling and inputting data to prepare and maintain financial related records and statistical reports based on established procedures. May perform cashiering duties such as receiving, balancing and disbursing monies and provides general information and assistance to the department staff and the public.
- (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions of this class.)
- Sorts, classifies and codes entries and transactions in accordance with established department procedures, accounting system, and verbal instructions.
- Maintains account records by posting and reconciling data in computerized and manual recordkeeping systems; verifies data, then enters and edits reports or information; searches files and records for readily identifiable information as directed. Identifies and resolves discrepancies in accordance with established procedures.
- Posts and balances entries in appropriate journals, registers, logs or other records on a daily or periodic basis.
- Receives, accounts for and safeguards cash or checks; issues receipts and classifies and codes transactions. Maintains petty cash funds; reconciles, balances, makes deposits, and maintains related records.
- Responds to a variety of departmental and public requests for information relative to assigned functions; provides requested information or services when authorized or refers to appropriate individual for response.
- Compiles, calculates, posts, and verifies data to produce regular or special summaries, balances, or other reports as required when pertaining to area of assignment. Maintains related files or reports; distributes reports as appropriate.
- Greets and assists the public by phone or in person by providing information of a general nature as authorized from sources such as published directories, manuals, and procedures; responds to general questions regarding department procedures, policies and processes and assists them when within scope of authority and refers others to appropriate individuals or departments.
- Develops and maintains follow?up systems on reports or actions required on a periodic basis.
- Sorts and distributes mail according to general knowledge of department activities and programs.
- Provides back?up support to other support positions and the office in case of absence or work overload.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Diploma(Post Graduate Diploma (PGD)) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- High school diploma, or G.E.D., coursework in accounting or bookkeeping preferred, and one year of clerical experience which required financial recordkeeping or basic bookkeeping; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
No experience is required.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Accounts
- Experience should include the following skills: Govt./Semi-Govt./Autonomous
Application Deadline: 7 Dec 2023
Prosser, WA, Prosser, WA, United States
Government & Public Administration
Company Website: http://www.co.benton.wa.us/