- Workwear Outfitters has a strong legacy of building innovative and authentic market-right products and is a leading supplier of work apparel and footwear for diverse occupations in industries such as automotive, manufacturing, oil and gas, utilities, government, food services, telecommunications, hospitality, and many more. Workwear Outfitters is based in Nashville, Tennessee and we employ more than 5,800 people in facilities spanning the globe.
Brands under the Workwear Outfitters umbrella include Red Kap®, Bulwark®, Image Authority®, Kodiak®, Terra®, Walls®, Liberty ®, Work Authority®, Workrite® Fire Service, Chef Designs®, and Horace Small®. Workwear Outfitters is also the exclusive licensee for Dickies® apparel in the B2B channel.
Our Purpose: 'We champion and empower workers who make our world work better'
What You Will Do as a Human Resources Manager
This management position is responsible for managing all areas of HR and payroll for select Distribution Centers including employment, staffing, diversity, EEOC/Affirmative Action, employee relations, training and development, benefit and compensation administration and compliance with state and federal requirements. Responsible for the implementation and execution of HR projects and programs.
- Ensure appropriate staffing for Henning, TN and Covington, TN Distribution Centers. This includes assisting managers with determination of staffing needs, development of job definition and description, assisting with approval process, partnering with Talent Acquisition as needed to develop recruiting strategy, and ensuring effective onboarding for associates.
- Manage overall HR function for Workwear Distribution Centers in West TN including providing direction to supervisors and managers on employee issues such as setting performance goals, conducting reviews, discipline and termination issues, compensation and benefits, department structures, general management and employee relations.
- Manage the overall HR and payroll functions for the two West TN distribution centers including partnering with supervisors, managers and the DC Director on performance planning/performance evaluations, employee relations issues, discipline and termination issues, compensation and benefits, department structures, workforce planning, recruiting strategies, management development and coaching and ensuring effective policies and procedures conducive to creating a high performance culture.
- Manage employment processes to ensure compliance with all internal and external audit guidelines as well as state and federal laws.
- Manage the overall Workwear Outfitters employee communication/employee relations process. This includes the preparation and review of organizational announcements, employee engagement activities and retention activities.
- Manage and develop
- Bachelor/ Honors in Human Resource Management.
Additional Academic Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in a business related discipline
Minimum 5 years of experience is required.
- Experience in general human resources management, to include specific management-level experience in recruiting, employee relations, employment and applicable federal and state regulations
- Payroll experience a plus
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Experience in management of a staff
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Must be able to proactively manage multiple projects
- Proficient computer skills (spreadsheets, word, database)
- Proficient in the use of recruiting search tools
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies and other business practices, guidelines and documents
- Less than 10% travel required
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): General HR
- Experience should include the following skills: Wholesale/Retail/Export-Import
Application Deadline: 28 Aug 2022
Department, Clothing & Shoe Stores
Company Website: http://www.vfc.com/