- Job Summary: Traliant is an award-winning online training company that has been ranked at #13 on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500. In the last five years, we’ve grown to more than 5,000 customers, including Hilton Worldwide, US Congress Office of Compliance, Pepsico, LA Fitness, Cedars-Sinai, Alcoa, and more.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our accounting team. You will oversee payroll and accounting activities, including accounts receivable and cash receipts, accounts payable, cash disbursements, and month-end accounting close activities. The role will be a key support to the Traliant Corporate Controller in maintaining the general ledger, preparing for the year-end audit, and preparing for timely and accurate financial reporting.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hyper-growth company with an award-winning product and an awesome team.
Location: This is a remote position; you will be working from your home office.
- Prepare general ledger entries, maintain records and files; reconcile GL accounts and sub-ledgers.
- Prepare payroll and maintain payroll records in conjunction with the Human Resources team.
- Prepare vendor invoices for payments with appropriate documentation and approvals.
- Accrue expenses, reconcile credit card statements, and manage expense reimbursements.
- Assist with sales tax collection, exemptions, and returns within Avalara.
- Analyze current procedures; recommend changes for continual improvement of departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for audits and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to the accounting system; obtaining supplementary information and report development.
- Contribute to the accounting and organization mission by completing related reports and analysis as needed.
- Provide strategic advisory to the Controller on operational efficiencies, financial policies, and business strategy.
- Manage policy adaptation as it relates to Financial and Operational functions within the group, including acquisitions, revenue, invoicing, payables and expense processing and vendor agreements and contracts.
- Advise on payable disputes or conflicts.
- Assists on execution of financial and operational integration of subsidiaries and acquisitions.
- Oversee daily cash receipts, bank account management and cash account reconciliations.
- Bachelor/ Honors in Finance.
Additional Academic Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting required.
Minimum 4 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- Minimum 4 years of experience in accounting required with specific experience in the monthly close process, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll processes required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of auditing processes/practices, applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- MS Office proficiency.
- NetSuite experience preferred.
- Avalara experience preferred.
- Results oriented, accountability, critical thinking, problem solving, project and change management.
- Ability to analyze accounting activities, to review and improve processes & procedures, and to train and improve the performances of the accounting team.
- Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Proactive, hands-on, independent, team player; High level of autonomy and flexibility.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Accounts,Finance
- Experience should include the following skills: IT/Telecommunication
Application Deadline: 27 Jun 2022
Manhattan Beach, CA, United states
Computer Hardware Development
Company Website: http://www.traliant.com/