- Theo Chocolate is based on a core idea – chocolate can be made in a way that allows everyone in the bean to bar process to thrive. It’s part of why we make our own chocolate, to ensure that everyone involved is treated in a way that we can be proud of and that only the highest quality ingredients and processes are used. The result: delicious, award-winning chocolate. When you taste our chocolate, you will experience our passion and integrity in every luscious bite.
We are currently looking to fill our open role of the Associate Marketing Manager. This is a hybrid role where a part of the work is done on-site, and the other parts can be done remotely.
Job Purpose: The Associate Marketing Manager plays a key role in bringing Theo’s mission and delicious products to consumers by increasing brand awareness, driving product trial, and deepening affinity with our brand across earned, owned and paid marketing channels. This role is focused on managing Theo’s social media presence across existing & new social media channels through content development and community management, as well as supporting broader marketing efforts to support the Theo business across all of our sales and marketing channels. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate on projects ranging from support for our nationally-distributed products to local community-based events, and, of course – create plenty of delicious-looking chocolate content!
Social Media Marketing
Brand Strategy & Campaign Development
- Set social media strategy and plans to support achieving annual plan goals, including development of quarterly content calendars and creation, scheduling, and publication of creative content across all Theo social media accounts.
- Responsible for community management and daily consumer engagement.
- Identify and develop relationships with influencers, retailers, businesses and organizations to achieve social media goals, including partnerships and content development.
- Measure and report performance metrics of all brand channels and execute improvements with monthly and quarterly reports.
- Become an expert on industry trends through social listening and competitive reviews
- Manage social media budget, allocate and tracking paid media dollars on a monthly basis and measure performance against objectives.
Trade Shows, Product Sampling Programs & Retailer Support
- Contribute to brand strategy and campaign development work, including leading campaign strategy and briefings with the larger team, copywriting, and content development.
- Develop & execute against monthly campaign & content calendars, coordinating with Marketing, Ecommerce, Sales and Experiences teams to support priorities across the business.
- Be an active part of our brand strategy: participate in brainstorms, analyze sales & customer data, research new opportunities & think creatively about ways to expand our brand through new & existing tactics
- Coordinate with internal & external teams to manage marketing projects, ensuring timelines are met and execution is cohesive. Provide design trafficking support as needed.
- Support ongoing Theo impact work through content development, community involvement, and limited, strategic partner programs with companies, celebrities, musicians, public figures, NGOs, and non-profits that share our values.
- Support the broader Marketing, New Product Development, Design and Ecommerce teams with ad-hoc projects and campaigns as needed.
- Research, plan, and coordinates all national trade shows with logistics, production, marketing material creation and procurement. Track tradeshow costs to ensure participation stays within budget
- Serve as lead event coordinator and representative for local marketing events.
- Support execution of sampling and demo campaigns, using reports and sampling surveys to measure ROI and adapt as necessary.
- Manage execution of internal and external resources supporting product sampling initiatives & coupons.
- Uphold the mission of the Theo Chocolate Food Safety and Quality Policy which includes participating in all required training and conforming with all Food Safety Regulations, Food Defense and all company policies.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the manager.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- Undergraduate degree (BA or BS) in business, communications, or related field, or the equivalent in experience
1 - 4 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- 2-4 years leading social media plans and execution, including content creation, media buying and community management
- 1-3 years’ work experience in national marketing planning & execution
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of social media & digital trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to develop both consumer and internal-facing messaging (prior copywriting experience a plus)
- Creative thinker and passionate about creating engaging content. Hands on photography & video creation skills a plus.
- Strong project management skills, able to work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Adaptable to change and comfortable balancing shifting priorities
- Able to work effectively across departments, facilities and plants.
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Brand Planning/ Development,Business Development
- Experience should include the following skills: Manufacturing (Light Industry)
- This regular, full-time position is eligible for Theo benefits.
- If selected, you'll receive competitive pay and a full benefits package.
- This includes paid time off; paid holidays; 401k retirement with a match; tuition reimbursement; volunteer pay; employee discount
Application Deadline: 23 May 2022