- Provide assistance to the Physician, Registered Nurse (RN), and/or Licensed Practical Nurse, (LPN) in the assessment, treatment, and maintenance of patients and ensure optimal care, as well as maintaining organization in the office environment.
- Maintain clinic schedule; open, block, adjust as needed/requested.
- Prepare patient charts for clinic per physician’s preference, including; printing required yearly paperwork, printing orders, and obtaining pertinent records.
- Enter all required information for reporting purposes.
- Enter all orders electronically (Surgery Scheduling sheets, Radiology, Physical Therapy, etc.)
- Answer and respond to incoming phone calls in a timely manner; assist or direct them as needed.
- Ensure appointment preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
- Direct patient flow to examination, radiology, and treatment rooms optimizing available space when necessary.
- Assess patient’s general condition and take vital signs and weight.
- Assist physicians with examinations, diagnostic procedures, and treatments.
- Provide patient education regarding prescribed and recommended over the counter (OTC) medication, dispense sample medication per physician’s instructions.
- Educate the patient and/or family about diagnostic procedures, treatment plans, and provide pre- and post-operative education.
- Correctly label all specimens and arrange for transport to the lab.
- Be available to fill in as needed, to cover vacations and illnesses.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)) completed.
No experience is required.
Confidentiality/Right to Privacy
- Observes confidentiality of information in regards to patients, physicians, and fellow employees.
- Protect patient sensitivities and right to privacy.
Computer Use - Patient Data
- Use computer to accurately load, maintain, and retrieve patient data.
- Review patient’s chart for current, complete, and accurate information: patient information, consents, history and physical, medication list, any missing reports and/or dictations, etc.
- Document all patient activities/interventions, including medication dispensed/prescribed, telephone calls, patient paperwork, family’s response (if needed), etc., in the patient’s medical record.
- Respond to patient inquiries regarding reports on testing.
- Promote wellness by providing patient education materials and communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Listen well and follow physician’s instructions.
- Ensure that all aspects of the office duties are done in a timely fashion and done appropriately (i.e. filing, patient calls, chart preparation, etc.)
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Medical Assistant,Medical Research
- Experience should include the following skills: Hospital/Diagnostic Center
Pay: $12.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Medical Specialty: Surgery
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Application Deadline: 29 Sep 2021