- Completes a wide variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for patients and staff. Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. Responsible for appointment scheduling and chart management. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinic services. Conveys a positive image of clinic. **Assists with procedures as requested by physician and complies with patient needs as appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Certified Medical Assistant highly preferred. Previous patient care experience required - prefer prior Orthopaedic experience. Must have strong computer, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates technical and professional competence in high risk procedures listed in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Prepares patient for examination by taking vital signs, obtaining pertinent history and any other data by interview, observation, inspection, auscultation, and palpation as necessary in office. Notifies MD of any patient allergies. Charts must be prepped prior to physician entering room. Documents appropriate information in chart such as test results, MD last note, etc.
- Communicates assessment data in an organized manner by recording, updating, and verbalizing pertinent information to physician. Also completes assessment of patients by phone, communicates information to physician and relays physician’s instructions to patient.
- Responsible for ongoing patient education as indicated by physician.
- Maintains standards of high patient care. Provides direct patient care by competently performing professional nursing skills.
- Notifies patient and/or other appropriate individual of laboratory and other medical test results as directed by physicians. Is responsible for documenting all communication and/or attempted communication with patient and/or other appropriate individuals.
- Performs clinical duties to include setting up surgery room and preparation for procedures, assuring cleanliness and orderliness of procedure rooms. Restocking room and supplies. Checking equipment for proper functioning and performing necessary housekeeping duties to ensure the efficient management of the practice.
- Responsible for pulling up x-rays digitally from local hospitals for physician to review prior to entering the exam room.
- Responsible for checking voice mails daily and completed by end of the day.
- Responsible for cast and splint application, sterile technique and cleaning of surgical
- instruments and maintaining spore tests.
- Must handle patient information in a confidential manner.
- Applies knowledge of sterile techniques and OSHA regulations.
- Maintains awareness of practice activities, policies and procedures. Reports any observed failure of compliance with the policies and procedures to an MD or HR personnel.
- Maintains knowledge of all products and procedures the practice offers.
- Participates in training, orientation and staff development programs.
- Confidential Data: Must comply with all laws and policy on confidentiality of patient information, data, and records.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
No experience is required.
- Location: Lenoir and Granite Falls, NC
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Medical Administration,Medical Assistant
- Experience should include the following skills: Hospital/Diagnostic Center
Please apply through this link:
Application Deadline: 29 Jun 2021