- Prepare incoming graphic files for printing based on technical printing requirements
Prepress Associate Level 1: $14-$15/hr
- Check customer submitted artwork.
- Layout customer artworks and designs per requests.
- Create proofs for customers and production.
Prepress Associate Level 2: $15-$16/hr
- All of Level 1 duties.
- Create designs for stock products.
- Color match customer process files and send to printer.
Prepress Associate Level 3: $16-$17/hr
- Double check work of Level 1 & 2.
- Perform routine color matching with color profiles for printers and new media.
- Create and update product template.
Prepress Team Leader - $17+/hr
- Oversee Prepress department, delegate tasks, and perform job duties Level 1-3.
- Work with other departments to improve and trouble shoot issues with artwork processing workflows.
Programs and skills:
- Knowledge & Experience with of the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Knowledge of the PDF/X file format.
- Knowledge of color profiling processes a plus but not required.
- Ability do come up with basic designs and layouts in these programs following customer instructions.
No experience is required.