- SageSure is seeking a Senior Accountant with duties across the Corporate Finance department. This position will work with a dynamic team of dedicated professionals who are committed to excellence in fiduciary and financial accountability and reporting. This role will produce monthly financial statements, reporting, and analysis for senior management and other stakeholders of the organization and provide support to other finance team members in reporting to SageSure’s carrier, distribution, and agency partners.
- The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of GAAP accounting principles, policies and controls, attention to detail, the ability to complete tasks with a high level of accuracy, and consistently meet associated deadlines.
- Produce monthly financial statement packages and supporting exhibits
- Update balance sheet and income statement supporting work-papers
- Prepare profit sharing related work-papers and supporting profit sharing exhibits, source-and-use cash reports, payroll-related transactions, and quarterly billing and funds receipt for DSS software clients
- Account for prepaid expenses using rollforwards, equity transactions and member related transactions, and member related state tax transactions
- Prepare and record consolidation transactions and entries for captive company, and records and financials for member only companies
- Incorporate multi-company reporting into monthly management and GAAP reporting
- Validate accuracy of premium / profit-sharing information incorporated in financial statements
- Maintain fixed assets sub-ledger, reconcile to support, and advise management on write-offs
- Analyze fixed expenses to monitor costs
- Work with staff on bank and all other reconciliations as needed
- Provide support to management in analyzing results, issuing financial related reports, and preparing equity rollforward monthly
- Assist in identifying and reporting on key corporate financial metrics
- Help prepare information for independent financial and tax auditors
- Bachelor/ Honors(Bachelor Degree in any Discipline) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related field
5 - 7 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in staff / senior accountant position
- Thorough understanding of GAAP accounting principles, policies, and controls
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite with an emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Ability to work under strict deadlines, both independently and in a team environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong verbal and written skills, and the ability to convey complex information
- Effective prioritization and management of multiple projects
- Strong research skills
- Experience with Financial Force accounting general ledger system, SAP Concur related modules, Centage Planning Maestro budgeting system, and UltiPro Business Intelligence reporting system
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Accounts,Cash Management
- Experience should include the following skills: Bank/Non-Bank Fin. Institution
- We have eight office locations—Jersey City, NJ; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—as well as numerous remote employees across the country.
- insurance through our proprietary technology platform in places other insurance companies won’t do business. Our success in delivering coverage in America’s most challenging markets is the result of our strategic focus to understand and adequately price risk. We offer 40+ products in 14 states, serving more than 350,000 policyholders while managing more than $600 million in written premium
Please apply to the link:
Application Deadline: 22 Jun 2021