- Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Enterprise Data Quality Assurance team, is responsible for creating and maintaining testing frameworks that automate test plans used to ensure that Enterprise Data Real Timer products are of high quality before launch. We are seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer with programming/coding skills to help us develop automated testing tools and frameworks using the Bloomberg API.
- Creating test strategies - Clearly identify the test scope and objective with focus on key business points
- Identifying and documenting defects - Able to research the defect root cause and add supporting documentation
- Identifying and removing bottlenecks preventing the agile delivery of releases - Able to think outside of the box with different approaches and pursue persistently
- Driving continuous improvements of testing tools and processes - Open-minded to new ideas/technologies on how to perform testing in more reliable and efficient way
- Researching solutions to address client needs - Able to research/learn independently and provide possible solutions
- Diploma(Diploma in Engineering) completed.
Minimum 2 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- 2+ years" experience with a software QA preferred
- 2+ years" experience with automated test tools preferred
- Experience using an API to build solutions
- Experience with the Bloomberg API
- Have strong attention to details and dedication to efficiently work problems to resolution
- Utilize judgment, and collaboration skills to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, management and other stake holders
- Be able to do a thorough unit and regression testing
- Possess the ability to quickly learn new concepts and industry trends
- Display a positive "can do" attitude when troubleshooting or problem solving
- Be able to prioritize and ensure projects complete on time (no need to push comp date for QA reasons)
- Be proactive, rather than passive and reactive
- Identify risks and escalate appropriately to key stakeholders
- Produce high quality documentation of test execution
- Understanding of agile QA concepts, practices, processes and tools
- Prior experience with developing automation of QA functionality
- Experience with C++ and Python languages
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills in English
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Knowledge of market data systems
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: .NET, Java
- Knowledge of web development and testing tools
- Knowledge of cloud computing services: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Bridge and Road Construction Monitoring,Inspection Consultation & Structural Design
- Experience should include the following skills: IT/Telecommunication
- We"re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the successful business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can"t operate.
Please apply the link:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Application Deadline: 21 May 2021