- Old Dominion Freight Line is currently recruiting for a Line Haul Driver to join our OD Family Culture. Our Drivers successfully operate various tractor-trailer combinations over long distances. Truck Drivers also sort, handle, load, and/or unload freight at company and customer locations. They typically work a 5 day work week and are home most nights which provides a great work-life balance for our drivers. Line Haul Drivers are critical members of our OD Family they help to accurately deliver our customer's freight and help keep our promises.
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Dept. of Transportation and satisfactorily pass a drug test and alcohol test.
- Operates BLU/DYMS and any other computer/internal freight monitoring systems required.
- Available for around the clock shifts to accommodate freight movements.
- Diploma(Diploma in Engineering) completed.
Additional Academic Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license with haz-mat, doubles, triples and tanker endorsements.
Minimum 1 years of experience is required.
Additional Experience Requirements
- 1 year previous tractor trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified and Licensed truck driving school, acceptable to Old Dominion and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion truck driver training program
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English, and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Must have the ability to properly operate hand held mini-computer when required.
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance, and extended periods, of time.
- Must be available for around-the-clock trips to accommodate freight movements.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the US Department of Transportation.
- Pass a Drug Test and satisfactorily pass an alcohol test (if applicable)
- Be at least 22 years of age
- Applicant should have experience of working in the following category(ies): Heavy Driver,Light Driver
- Experience should include the following skills: Logistics/Transportation
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- “Birthday Holiday” who doesn’t love some extra attention on their Birthday?
To apply, please visit here:
Application Deadline: 3 Feb 2021
Thomasville, NC, United states
Company Website: http://www.odfl.com/